2015/03/02

PLUA Cards


As I described in previous post, I was working on some application for personal purposes. Finally, I finished and want to share it with you.

I developed the application to play with android lollipop new API in the one hand and to help me in learning of foreign words in other hand. I published it into PlayStore with hope that it can be helpful for somebody (and of cause to add link to the app into my CV :)



The idea


Since I relocated to Poland I have been learning Polish. And the most big problem for me is my lexicon. I decided to develop some application with flashcards to learn new words. So, here is it.




Functionality


The application is very simple. It shows flashcard with word. Tapping on card shows word translation. Also there are two mark buttons on the translation card side: forgot and recalled. Choosing one from them helps the application to order words. That means, if you forgot the word it will be shown earlier, then the one that you recalled. This is simple implementation of spaced repetition method. And of course you can add, edit or remove words.

Currently only two languages supported: ukrainian and polish. You can choose which one will be used as 'main' and which one as 'translation'.



Roadmap


There is no roadmap, sorry :) I am not going to work on this application a lot. No new languages, no new functionality. Possible issue fixes only. That's because this application do exactly what I need.

If it is not enough for you, feel free to use sources and do whatever you want with them. Sources available at my github page.


No comments:

Post a Comment